Identity Theft Prevention Tips
The crime of Identity Theft is on the rise and the Rancho Viejo Police Department wants the community to be proactive when it comes to protecting their privacy. The Police Department encourages anyone victimized by Identity Theft to come in and file an incident report.
Identity Theft Prevention Tips:
- Minimize the amount of information an ID thief can steal; do not carry extra credit cards, your social security card, birth certificate or passport in your wallet or purse, except when needed.
- Install a locked mailbox
- Order your FREE credit report once a year from each of the three major credit bureaus to check for inaccuracies and fraudulent use of your accounts.
- Check your back account(s) on a daily basis.
- Always take credit card receipts with you. Never throw them away.
- Subscribe to an ID Theft protection service(s).
Below are some useful links to provide you with further information: